Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cucumber Basil Lime Juice

What more could you want during the summer than a refreshing beverage? This juice blend is just that; refreshing. Unlike my other juice favorites that I've posted before now, this juice is light and can be served up two ways. 


I first juiced my 4 simple ingredients and then blended it over ice for a refreshing frozen drink. With hints of basil (I love basil!) and the zip of lime all cooled down by the cucumber left a combination of flavors that are top notch. 
Here is how the cucumber basil lime juice is simply made:


Ingredients:
1 large green apple or 2 small; diced into chunks (I used 2 small because of what was on hand)
1/2 a cucumber; cut into medium sized wedges 
Handful of fresh basil (about 1/4 cup... Or more if you have more available to use)
1 lime; peeled and diced into chunks

Directions:
Now first and foremost, I used my handy dandy Cuisinart juicer BUT there was a time not too long ago that I didn't have a juicer. Here's what I did then...

If you don't have a juicer simply blend all ingredients in a blender and add 1/2 cup of water to mixture. Using a small mesh strainer, press/strain liquid from mixture pressing down with a spoon so all liquid is released. That's it! That easy..

Now if you do have a juicer just juice all ingredients starting with the basil. By juicing the basil first, your apple and cucumber solids will help get all of the basil through the juicer. Don't forget to pour and give it a good stir! 


Now I mentioned that I served this refreshing concoction two ways. 

You can drink your cucumber basil lime juice at room temperature or add ice (I never drink my juices at room temperature just because I am a temperature snob). I like 'em cold!

The other way I served this beverage was by blending with some ice and making a basil lime slushy. It was delish! Perfect for summer. 


Either way you have it, this juice blend is super easy and super refreshing. 

Also, I was thinking... This juice could even go on a whole other level and be turned into a cocktail. Just add your favorite liquor and some agave and voila! Healthy basil Mojito home made. Whichever way you enjoy this drink you won't be disappointed!

Cheers!
~Crago 

No comments:

Post a Comment