Monday, August 4, 2014

The Girls do Charleston

This weekend I ventured off to my new favorite city; Charleston, South Carolina. Oh my goodness where do I even begin? Well, let's just say it was a fabulous weekend and I will be returning again hopefully sooner rather than later!


The girls and I had no agenda when booking this trip months ago. Our only mission was to have a girls weekend of relaxation and fun. Basically this was the last hoorah for Kates and I as we say goodbye to swimsuits and sandals and hello to classrooms and crayons in a few short weeks. 

Now, some celebration was in order for my dear friend Katherine due to her recent engagement in June. Of course us girls had to use Charleston as a celebration weekend as well. Perfection! 

Friday we surprised KO with these little beauties...


And of course champagne...


She LOVED the surprise and it definitely got our weekend off to a fab start. 

*Sidenote: the cupcakes are from a new bakery in downtown Lexington called Sweetalicious. (Check it out Locals!). They are super delicious and affordable. We had a mixed dozen of the flavors strawberry daiquiri, vanilla with vanilla buttercream, and lemon. The little ring accents are from Tiffanys (HAHA JK) whoops, I mean Michaels. You can find them in the wedding aisle. 

Friday night we began at Stars Restaurant and Rooftop Bar where I had a Mojito that changed my life
Great atmosphere and the menu wasn't too bad either. The kale salad was superb (3 out of 4 of us got it) and our waiter was very attentive. 



The rest of the night? We ventured out on the town and hit up restaurants and bars along King Street. Our favorite spot of the night? Prohibition Restaurant and Bar. On special was the legendary Jalapeño Margarita. It's been a long time coming but man oh man was it worth the wait. A little spicy but still sweet and tangy, the Jalapeño Margarita left the best impression. I am craving one as we speak and I type...



Saturday was dreary and rainy but that didn't matter. We woke up in Charleston, so there ya go. We stayed at the fabulous Marriot which was only about 5 minutes from downtown. I highly recommend it! They were very attentive and had everything we needed for a great weekend. 


Saturday we strolled King again except hit up the shops this time. Charleston has fantastic shopping and the architecture and scenery all around is to die so that's a plus. My favorite store now? C. Wonder. Oh my goodness everything in there is amaze balls. Not only is it "monogram city" (snagged a pair of "R" earrings) but the home items were on sale! I walked away with the most adorable paisley bowls. Look for them in a new recipe a little later for sure.


Saturday night we did the restaurant Fleet Landing. My Lemondrop was on point and the food wasn't too shabby either. I had a lighter meal of mashed potatoes and fresh green beans. We all enjoyed fresh biscuit "rolls" with sweet butter that were to die! Caro got a veggie and shrimp pasta that was delicious as well. Great atmosphere of course. 


Sad Sunday (dubbed it with this name due to our sad departure) was great as we toured the streets of historic Charleston homes, The Battery and Rainbow Row. We did lunch at a great spot about 10 minutes from downtown called the Hominy Grill.


Best initial part about this place? The wait! I know, am I crazy? No one likes to wait for a table, but here is great because there is a beverage window! What?!? Yep. While we waited outside we sipped probably the BEST Bloody Mary's and mimosas. If you like your Bloody a little spicy, Hominy is your place for sure. 


For a late brunch I had a roasted eggplant and veggie sandwich that had a touch of herbed goat cheese. The girls did breakfast and theirs looked scrumptious as well. 

Well Charleston was the best location for our trip and I had the best time with the girls. We will def be visiting again soon. I'm interested to try some of the restaurants I heard about that have delicious vegetarian cuisine. Our cab driver Byron was into vegetarian living and had lots of recommendations. He was great! 

I'll see ya soon Charleston, and when I do return please have lots of sun and a Jalapeño Margarita waiting for me. 

~Crago 












No comments:

Post a Comment