Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Tofu Taco Salads

Many of my teacher friends have asked how on Earth I have time to cook all of the meals I've been posting. 

Honestly, over the last two weeks I have no clue and as I type I am drifting from exhaustion. Now, I could just call it quits and do away with this post BUT have no fear...



...this recipe is so easy and took so little time that I have to share and will lose not a bit of sanity in doing so. 

Here we go!

Ingredients: 
Block of extra firm tofu
Extra virgin olive oil
Chili powder 
Garlic powder
Cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
Approx. 1 tbsp. soy sauce 

Directions:
Drain excess water from tofu block and pat dry between two paper towels. In a small pan break up tofu with a spatula and about 1 tbsp. olive oil.


 Add equal parts of seasonings to taste and add soy sauce. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until tofu starts to brown a little. 


Transfer tofu to a foil lined cookie sheet and bake in oven at 400 degrees for another 10 minutes or so. I also added red pepper slices drizzled in olive oil. 


Remaining Ingredients for Salad:


Chopped Romaine
Go Veggie Monterery Jack cheese shreds
Chopped red onion
Diced tomatoes
Roasted red pepper slices 
Sliced jalapeño 
Black Beans rinsed and drained
Finely chopped cilantro
Jacks Gourmet Salsa in mild
Tortilla chips 

*Homemade Guacamole (mashed avocado+chopped red onion+diced tomato+chopped jalapeño+lime juice+sea salt and pepper)


I threw this salad together (honestly you can't screw it up.) and just added a layer of crushed tortilla chips on the bottom. 
The tofu is not too spicy and nice and crispy. 

This made another great vegetarian taco salad and was very fast and easy to assemble! 


Now back to the classroom...


Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
~Sincerely a sleep deprived teacher

Oh.. And happy munching! 




No comments:

Post a Comment