Monday, September 1, 2014

Goji Red Smoothie

This Labor Day morning I decided to switch things up a bit and go with all things RED in the smoothie department. 


Don't get me wrong, I love a good mean green smoothie. 
You can even check out some of my favorites under the smoothie and shakes tab on the Bloggerita... 

Now back to this rockin' red smoothie. 


So what's all of the fuss about? 
For starters, this smoothie is packed with superfood essentials. I soaked Goji berries and added some Pom. and Acai juices. I then loaded up the freshest of red berries I could find and (voila!) there you have it. 


Ingredients for the Goji Red:


1/4 c. Dried Goji berries; soaked (for about 1 hour)
1/2 c. Pomegranate juice (I did half 100% Pom. and half Acai fruit juice blend) 
1 banana; chopped
1/4 c. Raspberries
1/4 c. Strawberries; chopped
1 tbsp. Hemp Hearts
*ice cubes

Directions:






In a blender combine soaked Goji's, Hemp Hearts, and juices. 
Blend until smooth. Next add raspberries and strawberries. Blend again until smooth. Add banana pieces and ice. Blend until smooth. 

I added a simple fruit salad (of mango, kiwi, blueberries, raspberries, and left over banana) (tossed in lime juice) to the mix.



That simple! Also did I mention it tastes great? So if you're in a pickle or need to give the kale a rest, try this Goji Red and you won't be disappointed! 

Superfoods have never tasted so good. 

Cheers!
~Crago 

No comments:

Post a Comment