Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sixteen Candles... and then some...

This past weekend I got to spend the weekened in Asheville with best friends and Kacey Musgraves.

Why, you may ask? My birthday weekend had rolled around yet again and 26 had creeped it's way into my little world. 

(Btw.. This cake is half chocolate on chocolate, half chocolate peanut butter and completely non vegan and absolutely  sinfully delicious.) 

I'm not going to lie, 25 was a big milestone. I remember when my sister Laura turned 25 four years ago. I told her she was halfway to thirty. Little did I realize the backlash that comment would bring when I indeed realized halfway to thirty is 15. Yeah, whoops. Haha 

Being 26 isn't any different than 25 just another year and I'm excited to see what the big "year of 26" will bring. 

As my friend Katherine and I always say 25-29 all round down to your early 20's and then 30 well, that's just 30. 
We'll get to that when it gets to that...

Anyways, Asheville (one of my favorite cities if you haven't noticed) was a blast as we did some shopping and sipping; on repeat. 

(Doesn't this Bloody look legit amazing??) HINT: it was.... :)

I found the cutest Tom's suade black wedges at the fabulous Top's shoes located in downtown Asheville. (Sadly no pic. They're just too busy being fabulous upon my feet.) 



Saturday night we got to see Kacey Musgraves at the infamous Orange Peel. The Orange Peel has housed numerous big names in the music industry, (last name I saw was Grace Potter and the Nocturnals...SO good) so when we heard that Kacey Musgraves was coming to Ashevegas we had to jump at the chance to see her! 


The show was beyond amazing and we got to see all of it for a small sum. She's so down to earth and has a super chill personality. LOVED it. 


Our night was also spent at Wicked Weed Brewery which is just feet away and known for great craft brews. What's not to love?


My sis Laura decided to stop by so definitely no complaints! 

So glad I got to see some friends and fam this weekend and must say it was a great way to bring in the new year of 26. 


Here's to another year of being healthy, happy and ready for anything. I am so thankful for all of the people in my life and my faith in The Lord. I owe everything to Him!
Excited to see what is next to come! Recipes and all.... (Of course) 

#cheers,
~Crago 


No comments:

Post a Comment