Monday, April 27, 2015

Easy Peasy Meatless Monday

In Ms. Crago's class many things are easy peasy. So being that it is Monday and my classroom duties have kept me away from the blogosphere for some time, I thought I would share two of my simplest yet favorite easy peasy recipes. 

Keeping it real of course, these two recipes will work any day of the week.

First is my go-to BBQ Tempeh Pizza


Just wait..(drool worthy)

Ingredients:
2 packs of premade refrigerated pizza dough
1 c. of Preferred BBQ sauce 
1 pack or tempeh 
1 green bell pepper; chopped
1 yellow pepper; chopped 
1/2 red onion; finely chopped 
1/2 c. Sundried tomatoes 
1/2 c. Cherry tomatoes; sliced in half
1 c. Colby jack cheese

Directions:
Crumble tempeh using cheese grater. Cook tempeh with a little olive oil and BBQ sauce in pan for a few minutes until slightly brown. Bake for a few additional minutes for extra crispness. 

Spread dough and pre-bake according to package. Spread BBQ sauce and all toppings. Top with cheese and extra drizzle of BBQ sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or so until desired crispness. So easy! Also this stuff is seriously addicting..

Next up... The Meatless Meatball Sub..



Ingredients 
Bread of choice (I have used ciabatta and French or Italian) 
Package of veggie meatballs (Morning Star or Gardein are both legit)
Preferred amount of shredded cheese (mozzarella and parm) 
1 can of tomato sauce 
Oregano and garlic powder to taste 

Directions 
Cook meatballs according to package. Slice and open bread. Spread sauce and sprinkle seasonings. Top with Parmesan. Top with sliced meatballs and additional sauce. Top with cheese and any more seasonings. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until crispy. 

These two meatless recipes I've made numerous times and every time has been a success and has taken me less than 20 minutes prep time. I must say they are my all time faves now!  

Just another manic meatless monday..
~Crago 



No comments:

Post a Comment