Saturday, May 17, 2014

Classic Kale Juice

Classic Kale Juice

Ever since getting a juicer for Christmas I have been juicing my brains out! I love juicing and don't know how on earth I haven't been a part of the juicing world until now. This juice is PACKED with the vitamins and key nutrients that so many of these fabulous veggies have to offer. With a bit of Apple and a hint of ginger and lemon, get ready for your taste buds to go wild! 

Here we go, step by step...

First here's my juicer. Isn't she pretty? It is a little loud but not as bad as a blender and cleanup is so easy with this one since it comes apart piece by piece.


Now I use paper plates as cutting boards for my apples, and veggies just because it truly makes cleanup that much easier and I can also sort my ingredients. First I chop my one apple into larger chunks. I used a red delicious.


Then I pop the apple chunks into the feed of my blender and process until liquid. Next I chop up the celery into pieces that are about 1 inch in length and  put them through the juicer as well. 

Next I begin rinsing my kale and stripping the leaves from the thick stems. 


Once I put the kale through the juicer I then do the same with romaine (or any other green leafy vegetable you have available). 

I then take carrot and peel and chop into pieces about 1 inch in length and put my carrot through the juicer. 

Finally I take a lemon and chop in half and then pop the seeds out. I then take the zest (about 1/4 tsp) and the inner part of the lemon and pop both in the juicer. 


Finally I take ginger root and chop into about a 1 inch piece and put through the juicer. 

Now this is what we have! 


Doesn't look quite ready does it? Well I then pour this mixture into my glass and stir.

Now the juice is ready to drink! 


Now I am a temperature snob and prefer my juice chilly instead of just room temperature so I break all the rules and add ice.


Now drink up and enjoy! Perfect start to any day. 

If you are wanting to juice ahead, simply pour into a small glass jar with lid. Try not to have any air trapped in the jar to help prevent from oxidation. The juice will be good for up to 24 hours in your tightly sealed jar in the fridge. Juices made with lemon also stay fresh longer due to the acidity. 

Here's a recap of what all went into making this insanely delicious juice staple:

1 apple
2 cups of kale
2 stalks of celery
1 cup of romaine
1 peeled carrot
1 lemon 
1 inch piece of ginger root

Enjoy!
~Crago




No comments:

Post a Comment