Saturday, June 7, 2014

PB & J Smoothie Shake

Imagine if you combined a green smoothie and a protein packed shake with the flavor kick of a classic PB & J sandwich. Well, you would then have this Smoothie Shake and man is it delicious too! I needed something healthy and full of protein to help me get off on the right foot this morning. I also needed something that I could take on the go. This was it. Also it literally takes just as long as my 5 minute Mean Green to make which makes this smoothie shake super easy and simple.









Ingredients:
1 c of frozen kale
1 c of fresh baby spinach
2 tbsp of vegan protein powder; vanilla 
1/2 c of unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 c of Acai Blueberry Superfood blend juice
1/2 c of frozen sliced banana; equal to one full banana
1/2 c or 5 full frozen strawberries
1/4 c of fresh blueberries
1 tbsp of almond butter

Directions:
First blend frozen and fresh greens, protein powder with all liquids until smooth. Next add your frozen banana and blend until smooth. Add the frozen strawberries. Finally add fresh blueberries and almond butter and give a final blend for about a minute so all ingredients can break down into a smooth mixture.

Pour into your favorite glass or in my case this busy morning, a to-go mug. 
Now I'm set to head to my classroom to get some cleaning and organzing done! Wish me luck.... 

Happy Sipping!
~Crago

No comments:

Post a Comment