Monday, July 14, 2014

Favorite On-the-Go Snacks



I don't know about you but I am often on the go. I also often get overcome with hunger in the afternoons and need a "quick fix". I have listed below my current favorite pre-packaged snacks with pros and cons about each. I'm always finding new favorites so be on the lookout for what I spot each week when on the go!

Fav #1 Lara Bar


This bar is the superman of bars. It is probably the healthiest due to all of the health benefits it has. Each bar has simple, whole ingredients and no artificial ingredients or preservatives which is awesome. Also they taste great!
My favorite flavors that I've tried so far are: blueberry muffin, peanut butter cookie, peanut butter chocolate chip, and chocolate chip cookie dough. 
You can find these at most stores. Some flavors are limited to certain stores. Just look around!


Fav #2 Back to Nature Nut Mix and Raw Almonds



This nut mix is perfect because it has almonds, cashews and pistachios (all the best in the nut category if you ask me) and then sweet dried cranberries and cherries. The combination is perfect! This mix amps up the plain handful of nuts making it a great snack and filling. 




For raw plain almonds (my go to for my purse) I have found the perfect thing from Target. The mini pouch has a zippered close so I can refill and toss it in my bag, snacking on the go. Perfect protein fix! 


Fav #3 Edamame (dry roasted and fresh steamed pods)



Edamame has always been my JAM. (That means I LOVE it). Taking it on the go is now easier than ever! I love both of these options for edamame. First there's the dry roasted. This stuff goes down just as easy as your favorite chip or other salty snack. Of course it is much healthier too. So that's a plus. 
My favorite flavor is lightly salted. Warning... I tried the wasabi flavored and about died! Holy Hotness my mouth was on fire! There is also a sea salt and cracked pepper flavor I am intrigued to try... (I'll keep you posted).



My next favorite version for edamame on the go is the steam-able packets. You get a box of 6 of these packets that take 3 minutes in the microwave to cook. 180 calories each. These make the best snack. (Tip to try when out the door: pour pods in a small plastic cup and sit cup in cup holder of car. Have another cup in other holder...to hold.... Wait for it... Wait for it... Your discarded pods! Yep. Cleanup made easy and simple. 



Now isn't edamame a great on- the- go snack? 


Fav #4 Mama Chia Chia Squeeze



I've only tried these a couple of times but man am I addicted. Chia seeds are all the craze; and for good reason. They are a great source of fiber and protein. These cute little squeeze packets are packed with soaked chia seeds and veggies and fruit. Also they taste delicious! I like these because they are so easy to take on the go. Just pop one in your bag and you're set. Love it! 
Flavors I've tried: Blackberry and Green Magic




Well there are my top favorites when it comes to my on the go essentials! These products make great snacks that don't leave you feeling guilty and have a great amount of protein and fiber. Once the school year begins again you will most definitely be able to find these items stashed away in my teacher desk drawer.

I'm always searching for new exciting products and brands. Stay tuned for more of my favorites coming soon! 

Happy snacking!
~Crago



No comments:

Post a Comment