Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Roasted Rainbow Carrots and Sautéed Kale

Tonight's dinner was quick and simple using a few seasonings and all natural ingredients. 


Roasted Rainbow Carrots
Ingredients: 
1 bundle of Rainbow Carrots
2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
Himalayan Pink Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper

I purchased my first ever bundle of rainbow carrots at Trader Joes the other day and was very excited to roast these. Often when I have roasted root vegetables in the past I have used a sweet maple syrup/Dijon Mustard glaze. Tonight I went simple and here is how I simply made these in 2 easy steps.


Toss carrots, salt and olive oil in ziploc bag until coated. 
Spread carrots on foil covered pan and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. 
DONE. 


This is my always go-to way to serve up kale for supper. It is so simple and takes less than 5 minutes. 


Sautéed Kale
Ingredients:
4 cups of fresh kale; chopped
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
Salt and pepper to taste 
Splash of vegetable broth 

Directions: 
Stir chopped kale in a pot over medium-high heat with olive oil and spices and seasonings. Once coated, add splash of vegetable broth and stir around. Cook stirring some for a few more minutes. DONE. That simple.


Both of these dishes were so simple to make and simply delicious. I also made a side of all natural wild rice. I cooked 1 cup of rinsed wild rice in 4 cups of water and a dash of salt for 45 minutes. Then drain excess water and add additional seasoning. 


This meal was approximately around 400 calories. It was very filling and full of flavor. Sometimes a vegan meal doesn't have to be extravagant and can be simply made with a dash of salt, pepper, and olive oil. 


Enjoy!
~Crago

No comments:

Post a Comment