Sunday, September 7, 2014

This Week's Favorite Finds

As I ventured into Target yesterday, I spent my usual 1-2 hours of unexpected (expected... I mean c'mon..) time browsing aisles and shelves upon shelves of Red Bullseye bliss.
This time I hit up the grocery section and found a few new favorites. (Sidenote: I went to a Super Target so grocery items may or may not be available at all Target locations)


Here's the deets on my new "snackage" and such...


Found these on the aisle with chocolate, candy, and nuts.


These "Somersaults" are made of seeds and grains and protein packed. They're vegan but not GF. There were three different flavors to choose from (cinnamon and a spicy flavor). I snagged this bag of sea salt flavored nuggets for $3 on sale. Will be tossing these in my teacher bag to munch on during planning! Find them here or at Target of course. 


Grabbed a bag of your not so typical bag of chips. Why so? These "Simply Seven Chips" are made from quinoa. They taste great and are packed with protein. No grease and made with 7 simple ingredients! No preservatives and Vegan and Gluten-Free. Also had Lentil Chips by same brand. Got these on the chip aisle for 2.69 a bag. Yes! Find them here or at Target. 



These Annie's Gluten-Free Chocolate and Vanilla Bunnies are too delicious and perfect for the kiddos too. Found these on the cookie and cracker aisle. 


I was amazed at the selection of Gluten-Free items available and had to grab these and try 'em. All other Annie's products were buy two for $4 but these were the exception at $3.39. A little pricey but whatev. I have several friends and co-workers who are gluten intolerant so it's great exploring different options too to share with them! Find them here or at Target!



Finally I hit up the Frozen Foods aisle and  found smoothie on the go packs that I had to try. 


Jamba Juice has made several varieties/combinations that all have fruit and veggies in them. All you have to do is add juice and blend. So easy! I made the cherry sweet potato one that had raspberries, black cherries, purple carrot, and sweet potato.


I added pomegranate juice and it was delicious! 
The only thing? Well, there is quite a bit of sugar in these. I believe this one had 14g. and in the ingredients breakdown added sugar is shown. 
Sooo yes they're delicious and great for on the go. Will I be  hitting these up daily? Prob not. 
Thought it was cool finding these already made up though and it's great to switch things up! Got both smoothie packs for $2.69 a piece and one pack makes two smoothies so really that's a great deal! 
Find them here and in your closest Target freezer. 


Of course I didn't make it out of Target with only those items. If and when (yeah right) that ever happens I'll make sure to let the whole world know that this huge accomplishment has happened. I did not go by the clothes or shoes however so that definitely deserves a "10 finger cheer" (cue: Crago's kiddos). 


I also got away with this beyond perfect cushion pillow ottoman to add to my reading nook at school.



It was originally $50 and I got it on clearance for $15!! (say what?!?)

I definitely was proud of snagging that steal. Found this unspoken gem lying randomly on a shelf on the pillow and households aisle.



So I guess until next time Target, 
.... Which who am I kidding, I'll be back in a few days...

~Crago (and my poor worn out Red Card) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment