Thursday, October 2, 2014

Veggie Chili

I love this chili. It is full of my favorite beans and full of flava flava.


This recipe is inspired again, by Gwyneth P. and is pretty basic when it comes down to ingredients. 

Ingredients:
1 onion; diced
1 carrot; peeled and finely chopped
1 red bell pepper; finely chopped
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1-2 tsp. chipotle seasoning 
Pink salt and pepper 
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 -28 oz. can of diced tomatoes (with juice) 
1/2 c. water 
1/4 c. tomato paste 
1 14 oz. can of black beans
1 14 oz. can of cannellini beans
1 14 oz. can of chickpeas
1/2 c. green lentil beans 

Directions: 
First sauté carrot, onion, and red pepper in olive oil and seasonings/garlic Cook for about 10 minutes until vegetables are soft. 


Add tomatoes with juices and simmer for about 45 minutes. 


Add water and beans. 


Simmer for about another 30-45 minutes. Add Tomato paste near end and more water if consistency is too thick. 


I served my veggie chili on a bed of whole grain brown rice. So good! This stuff is perfect for Fall but honestly I crave it year-round. 


I did attempt to make a killer vegan cornbread to go along with my veggie chili buttttt yeah, that didn't turn out as planned.

Looks legit right?


But taste? Um no.
 I'm not sure really what went wrong but this stuff tasted about as bitter as ever. I'm talking unbearable. Blah! 
There's always next time.....

Until then... Enjoy my veggie chili! 
~Crago :) 


Also I couldn't resist spreading my October affection in the classroom.... Check it out. 👍




No comments:

Post a Comment